WINGFOIL PROJECT STATUS
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW
Thanks everyone for the following and support.
We're working hard on getting the craft ready and updates done to some of the systems and electronics, however the first couple Hurricanes have already started forming and crossing the Pacific so this shuts my weather window down for the season until early next year. Which is a little sad, as i'm now armed with the knowledge and data from my last 5-day voyage, which makes me super confident on the crafts performance and lability in all conditions, so I'm looking forward to the restart next season, as soon as the weather window opens up again and allows me to restart.
This gives us a great opportunity to expand and improve on the Ocean Classroom Sessions and build on the partnerships and testing and training to ensure I'm ready as soon as the weather window opens up again to leave in the Spring. We will be updating you every couple of months on our progress, so you can follow the journey.
Thanks for all the support,
Please consider making a donation to support these resources
OUR GOALS FOR GIVEBACK
This project is built to highlight climate change issues and to create awareness around Ocean Unite's 30x30 strategy to protect 30% of the Earth’s land and water resources by 2030, and achieving carbon net-zero by 2050. We want to inspire a new generation to believe that anything is possible, while giving back to people, planet and education through the following goals.
- Raise global awareness around climate change issues
- Shine a light on Ocean Unite's 30x30 strategy to protect 30% of the planet’s land and water resources by 2030
- Highlight what it will take to get to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
- Raise money to donate to Conservation International's environmental projects
- Run ocean classroom sessions, broadcast to thousands of children around the world
- Collect valuable data for the MBARI and conservation International research into ocean pollution, temperature and acidity levels.
- Plant 1000 trees through the Worldview Climate Change Park
- Pay for cleft palate surgeries for children in need through Operation Smile
- Sponsor ocean outreach education programs for children in disadvantaged communities
GET ON BOARD!
Are you invested in giving back to people, the planet and the ocean? Want to help us make a difference through conservation projects around the world? Donate to the Wing Project below. Together we can change the world!