WINGFOIL PROJECT STATUS
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW
Perspective is everything!
No man is an Island, it takes a team! Sometimes even a whole lot more than that…
These projects take everything in me to complete successfully.. and I wouldn’t be able to pull them off if it wasn’t for my amazing team I have behind me..
Always remember to periscope out, like this drone footage I took in the middle of the Pacific.. a couple weeks ago and remember to celebrate all the amazing people that helped you get to that goal & destination!
So a big shout out to my amazing team below, who helped me in every way, to make this amazing project the success it was & is..
Thanks team Transpac Wing Project 2022- perfectly executed! Well done..👊🏆 Very Grateful 🙏
I couldn’t have done it without each and every one of you onboard.. because every little bit matters and it all adds up.. Thnks..
1. Erin Newsom - Lead Project Coordinator
2. Quin O'Hara - Photog/ Videographer
3. Anki Handal Vinnerås - Partner manager
4. Sam King - Project lead 2021/ consultant 2022
5. Sam Horn - Communications strategist
6. Coenie van Staden- Video Editor
7. Sarah Shoup- consultant / advisor
8. Leven Brown - main Routing Weather & Safety lead
9. Mark Sponsler - (Stormsurf) Local weather advisor
10. Brian Overfelt - Events space partner
11. Berkeley Marine Center - Bob, Ruben & Cree
12. Jason Rade - SA Lead
13. Pillar Point Harbor Patrol
14. TowBoatUS Santa Cruz - Boat support
15. Rebecca Cully - Fiancé support
16. Douglas Samp - USCG -Search & Rescue lead North America
17. Jeff Clark & Cass Clark - Project support / boat support
18. Jamie Mitchell & Barton Lynch - Project water support / safety
19. Dustin Reynolds - Land Support crew-HI
20. Ace Agency, Ashley Patterson- PR for USA
21. Flux Communications - PR for SA & the UK
Conservation partners - Conservation International, Sea Shepherd, Parley for the Oceans, SeaTrees
Key Sponsors - Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, Armstrong Foils, Alberto Possatto, AV Boards, Delphis Eco, Wimble Associates, Del Grande Dealer Group
All our Crowdfunding supporters.
All our Chris Bertish Foundation donations.
From Chris, CBI & Chris Bertish Foundation team.
If you want to go fast, go alone! If you want to go far, leave a legacy and have massive impact.. build a great Team!
Thanks for following, supporting, and for being a part of this world-first adventure! Feel free to share our project page you think would enjoy following the journey.
Chris & the Wing Project Team- July 21st, 2022
All funds raised during the project, from July 31st through August 1st when the project is complete, will be donated directly to our Wing Project conservation charities and partners.
Where Your Donations Go:
Money for Conservation International goes to The Coral Conservancy, CI's community-based coral restoration efforts in Hawaii.
Money for Sea Shepherd goes to conservation efforts to protect animals, to ensure the prevention of illegal fishing, and plastic pollution.
Funds donated to The Chris Bertish Foundation are shared between the Parley Ocean School and the Two Oceans Aquarium Education Foundation in South Africa, and the SeaTrees Initiative to plant mangroves in Baja, California. Any remaining funds are used to manage the project's administration costs.
With the funds raised from last year's fundraising drive we were able to donate $1,250 to Conservation International, $1,250 to Sea Shepherd, and we planted 350 square feet of sea forest in Monterey Bay through the SeaTrees Initiative.
The Chris Bertish Foundation Team is incredibly proud to support our conservation partners and the work they do to protect our planet and oceans.
OUR GOALS FOR GIVEBACK
This project is built to highlight climate change issues and to create awareness around Ocean Unite's 30x30 strategy to protect 30% of the Earth’s land and water resources by 2030, and achieving carbon net-zero by 2050. We want to inspire a new generation to believe that anything is possible, while giving back to people, planet and education through the following goals.
- Raise global awareness around climate change issues
- Shine a light on Ocean Unite's 30x30 strategy to protect 30% of the planet’s land and water resources by 2030
- Highlight what it will take to get to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
- Raise money to donate to Conservation International's environmental projects
- Run ocean classroom sessions, broadcast to thousands of children around the world
- Collect valuable data for Conservation International and MBARI research into ocean pollution, temperature, acidity levels, and noise pollution.
- Plant 1000 trees through the Worldview Climate Change Park
- Pay for cleft palate surgeries for children in need through Operation Smile
- Sponsor ocean outreach education programs for children in disadvantaged communities